Last Updated on November 23, 2016
This Privacy Statement explains what information the owners and operators of the UP & GO™ Platform (“UP & GO” “we,” “us,”) or our service providers collect from or about visitors and/or users of the UP & GO™ Platform (“you”), and describes our practices for collecting, using, retaining, protecting, disclosing, and transferring such information.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information and other information collected by UP & GO or its service providers from or about visitors to the UP & GO websites or applications (collectively, the “UP & GO™ Platform”) that display or link to this Privacy Statement.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, “personal information” means information that can be used to personally identify you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, user IDs and passwords, billing and transaction information, credit card or other financial information, contact preferences, services history and similar information.
Personal Information We Collect
UP & GO and/or our service providers may collect personal information and other information from or about you when you:
- Access the UP & GO™ Platform or any of its components;
- Offer services;
- Search for or purchase services;
- Provide information or content;
- Subscribe to marketing or support materials;
- Download software;
- Enter a contest;
- Respond to promotional campaigns; and
- Register for an account on the UP & GO™ Platform.
We also may collect information that is related to you but that does not personally identify you, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, browser, and your use of and activities on our websites. See also the discussion below of cookies and other electronic tools used for the collection of such information.
Using the Information We Collect
UP & GO or our service providers may use information that we or our service providers collect from or about you, including any personal information:
- To welcome you;
- To help you complete a transaction or in order to offer or deliver products or services requested or provided by you;
- To bill you for products or services you purchased;
- To provide ongoing service and support;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- To improve our websites, services, and products;
- To contact you to complete surveys that we use for marketing or quality assurance purposes;
- To e-mail or otherwise send you marketing or other promotional information about UP & GO or services that may be of interest to you;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To combat fraud or any other criminal activity;
- As otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Collection of Information Using Cookies and Other Tools
Sharing Your Information
We may disclose information that does not identify any individual (e.g., anonymous, aggregated data) without restriction.UP & GO contracts with third-party service providers, partners and suppliers (including participating worker cooperatives) to deliver certain products, services, and otherwise provide or support the UP & GO™ Platform. UP & GO may share your personal information with such service providers and suppliers to the extent necessary to offer and/or deliver the product or service you requested, respond to your requests for information on products or services, or otherwise support your needs. You will not have the opportunity to opt out of having your information shared with these third-party service providers and suppliers for these purposes, and they may contact you directly regarding such purposes.
Third-party service providers and suppliers receiving personal information are authorized to use your personal information only for the purpose it was originally intended or as required or permitted by law. However, unless otherwise dictated by law or agreement, UP & GO is not responsible for any improper use by such parties.
We may also disclose your personal information and other information, including across country borders:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To comply with the law or in response to a subpoena, court order, law enforcement or government request, or other legal process;
- To produce relevant documents or information in connection with litigation, arbitration, mediation, adjudication, government or internal investigations, or other legal or administrative proceedings;
- If UP & GO determines in its good faith judgment that such disclosure is necessary to provide its services or to protect the rights, interests, safety, or property of its business, employees, suppliers, members, users, or others;
- In connection with any proposed or actual sale or other transfer of some or all assets of UP & GO;
- To enforce the terms of any agreement with UP & GO;
- To combat fraud or other criminal activity;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- As otherwise required or permitted by law; and/or
- With your consent.
Some UP & GO websites or services may be co-branded or offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such websites/services, both UP & GO and the other company may receive information collected in conjunction with the co-branded website/services.
Unless permitted by relevant laws, UP & GO will not share, sell, trade, or lease your personal information to or with others except as provided for in this Privacy Statement.
Right to Access Your Personal Information, and Our Retention
Your Access to Your Personal Information. UP & GO strives to keep your personal information accurate. We will provide you with reasonable access to your personal information in accordance with relevant laws, including by making reasonable efforts to provide you with online access and the opportunity to update your information. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personal information. To request access to your personal information, follow the applicable instructions below. While we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your request, we also reserve the right to reject such access requests or to impose certain restrictions and requirements on such requests, if required or permitted by applicable law.
Our Retention of Your Information. We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us via the applicable information provided below. Even after we cancel your account or cease using your personal information to provide you services, we may still retain, use, and disclose your information as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, ethical, or document retention obligations, and any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
Contact Information for Your Requests for Access or Deletion:
Links to Non-UP & GO Websites and Third Parties
UP & GO’s websites may provide links to third-party websites. UP & GO does not control these third-party websites or their privacy practices, which may differ from our own. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites, products or services. The personal information you choose to provide to unrelated third parties is not covered by this Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the applicable privacy statement(s) of any entity before submitting your personal information.
Security of Your Personal Information
No electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% private and secure, and you understand that Up & Go does not ensure or warrant the privacy or security of any information we collect from or about you, and that you use the UP & GO™ platform and related services and provide us with information at your own risk. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Please also be careful to avoid “phishing” scams, where someone may send you an e-mail that looks like it is from UP & GO asking for your personal information.
Children Under the Age of 13
The UP & GO™ Platform (including our websites) are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on our websites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this website or on or through any of its features/register on the website, make any purchases or orders through the website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
UP & GO may review and update this Privacy Statement periodically, and will note the date of its most recent revision above. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement frequently to be informed of how UP & GO is collecting, using, retaining, protecting, disclosing, and transferring your information.
Questions About and Enforcement of this Privacy Statement
If you have questions regarding our compliance with this Privacy Statement, please contact us at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org