What is Up & Go?
Up & Go lets you easily book professional house cleaning services from businesses with fair work practices.
Every home cleaning professional on Up & Go is a co-owner of their own business known as a worker cooperative. We are committed to:
- Service Quality and Accountability. Because the call or email Up & Go and a human will respond within one business day. professionals on Up & Go are also business owners, they are committed to building customer loyalty through excellent service. They have developed ongoing training and rigorous service quality standards that are leading industry best practice. If you ever do have a problem,
- Living wage, safe, and dignified work. As a consumer, you can be sure you are supporting fair work practices because these businesses are 100% worker-owned. Business decisions are made by the service professionals themselves (1 worker = 1 vote!), who joined a worker cooperative in order to secure fair schedules and wages.
- Transparency. On Up & Go, people get paid fairly for the work they do. 95% of your service fee goes to the service professional. The other 5% is for Up & Go to book the job.
- Community. Booking on Up & Go builds a stronger community around you. These cooperative businesses are owned by everyday people building better lives and a just local economy. Up & Go connects you with them.
- How to Hire a Housekeeper - with a Clean Conscience. New York Nonprofit Media. June 6, 2017. "A new cleaning solution will help workplace justice sweep across New York City, a mop and a click at a time."
- Can the Gig Economy Save Itself? Break Thru Radio. June 1, 2017. "Up & Go might have the impact previous start-ups could only hope for. [...] Merging the convenience of digital platforms with a pro-worker model, Up & Go hopes to take on leading cleaning services gig platforms."
- Up & Go is a Worker-Owned Alternative to On-Demand Home Cleaning Services. Fast Company. May 16, 2017. "The new web app is giving worker-owned cleaning cooperatives a much-needed tech boost to expand their reach–and hopefully paving the way for a more tech-savvy approach to winning new customers for more equitable businesses."
- New Home Services Platform Up & Go Shakes Up the Gig Economy by Putting Workers in Charge. MarketWired. May 9, 2017.
Up & Go Partners
Up & Go is a collaboration between community-based organizations, tech developers, philanthropic funders, and worker cooperatives in New York City.
|With ten years of cooperative development experience and relationships with worker cooperatives, the Center for Family Life in Sunset Park (CFL) has coordinated the development of Up & Go.|
|A worker-owned digital agency that designs and develops technology for mission-driven organizations and entrepreneurs, CoLab Cooperative built the Up & Go platform.|
|In its commitment to fighting poverty, Robin Hood Foundation has provided visionary leadership and invaluable support for the development of Up & Go.
|Up & Go is made possible with support from Barclays|
|New York City Worker Cooperatives||Worker cooperative members, developers, and office managers have provided essential information, ideas, and feedback in focus groups, meetings, and interviews in the development of Up & Go.|